Thursday, January 17, 2008

Early Voting in Knoxville


Glenn and I went to early voting yesterday in Knoxville and heard that the turnout had been outstanding, partly because Fred Thompson is on the Presidential ticket. The local news stated that 1195 people voted yesterday when we did--just 400 voted on the first day in the last Presidential primary and 70,000 are expected in total. There was also mention that many of the voters were first time voters or people who are not regular voters.

I happened to catch the local news at WATE this afternoon and noticed that they caught pictures of both Glenn and me voting. Watch the video and see if you can catch us (it's very brief). You will have to scroll down and click on the camera icon next to "early voting" under "6 News video" in the middle of the page. Hint--I have on the brown jacket that you see to the left and you can hopefully recognize Glenn.

Has anyone else done early voting in their town? How is the turnout?

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Misanthrope said...

Well, in a manner of speaking I did. I'm a permanent absentee voter and mailed my ballot off the day after getting it.

Polls in my county don't mean much as more than 1/3 of the voters are permanent absentee.

11:44 PM, January 17, 2008  
Blogger Friend of USA said...

Dr Helen,

You are a pretty woman.

12:10 AM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger Michele said...

I saw you guys when it came on.

8:15 AM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger Serket said...

I see that Tennesee and Utah are both on Super Tuesday. I have been registered as unaffiliated, but I want to change to Republican to vote in the primary. I sent in my information either the end of December or beginning of January, but haven't heard back yet. According to Wikipedia Utah's primary is modified open, but I'm not sure what that means. I just called the country clerk and they said my registration is changed! Early voting for us runs from Jan 22 to Feb 1.

Since you and a lot of your audience are in Tennessee, I have a question. Was Fred Thompson a good senator? I've heard he and Duncan Hunter are the only two candidates that are reliable conservatives.

1:02 PM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger Helen said...

Serket,

Yes, I think that Fred Thompson was a good senator and I think a fair number of Tennesseans would agree; he was pretty popular. The early turnout here is in part, because Thompson is on the ballot so I think that is a good sign.

1:23 PM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger William said...

Thompson is finished.

4:04 AM, January 22, 2008  
Blogger Serket said...

I think I'll support Giuliani for now.

12:05 PM, January 24, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

視訊做愛視訊美女無碼A片情色影劇kyo成人動漫tt1069同志交友網ut同志交友網微風成人論壇6k聊天室日本 avdvd 介紹免費觀賞UT視訊美女交友..........................

5:43 AM, May 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home